Job Title: TRUCK DRIVER / MATERIAL HANDLER
Dept. Director: Director of Operations
Reports To: Transportation Manager
Location: As Assigned
Shift: As Assigned
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date : 1/1/11
Drives truck over established route to deliver products, pick up products or render services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports for scheduled work regularly and on time. Notifies supervisor as soon as possible regarding the need and expected duration of any absences.
- Drives truck or van to deliver, load & unload goods at store location and other sites as needed.
- Records delivery or pick up information on daily delivery record.
- Collects or picks up empty containers, full containers or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Loads truck according to established company guidelines and safety procedures.
- Keeps truck clean.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck and daily inspections.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Uses safe lifting techniques. Follows all safety standards.
- Informs supervisor of operation needs, such as moving equipment, material handling dollies, pads, flats and trucks, including any maintenance needs and repairs.
- Provides good customer service to all store and work sites.
- Cross train; learn to bale and prepare salvage for shipment.
- Helps to maintain cleanliness and order of warehouse.
- Moves product with forklift certified by Goodwill. Loads and unloads trailers, truck and containers. Dumps trash and recycles materials as needed.
- Enforces compliance with administrative, policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulation. Prepares and maintains all necessary reports and records in conjunction with daily operations.
- Performs other related duties as required and be a team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend and interpret documents such as instructions, short correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure materials. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentage, area, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licences and Registrations
Possess a valid Oregon CDL-A commercial driver license and insurable driving record. Forklift certified helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderated to loud.